According to a recent study, those who used fitness apps were more active than their peers who did not! So, if you're interested in adding a few apps to your phone in 2017 to better reach those resolutions, here are a few to consider:
1. MyFitnessPal - Many of you are probably already familiar with MFP, but for those who are not, it boasts easy-to-use step AND calorie counting. Its database features more than 5 million food choices, a barcode nutrition scanner & a recipe importer.
2. MapMyRun - MMR uses your phone's GPS to track your activity & record your workout details, including duration, distance, calories burned, elevation, pace/speed, and route traveled.
3. MindBody - Your resource for finding wellness establishments near you, including yoga studios, personal training studios, massage & spa parlors, and fitness classes. You can book appointments and classes from the MindBody app as well as view local deals and review places you've visited. (Find me in the MindBody app under "Body by Amy")
4. Gym Genius - Log your workouts at the gym! Track your sets and your reps. Identify plateaus and improve upon your personal best
5. FIT Radio - A music-streaming app that allows you to choose a genre, DJ, or type of workout to best fit your lifestyle. FIT Radio's mixes maintain a consistent beat whether you're rocking out in yoga, zumba, or spin.
6. Strava - Track your runs or your rides in real time. Improve upon your personal best times and see what kind of times other runners and cyclists are posting along the same routes.